This is a bolt-on version of the standard Torzal bass. Like the standard Torzal, the nut is rotated –20 degrees for more comfortable fretting. Where this bass departs from the standard is at the body: the neck reaches zero degrees at the 24th fret, creating an angle at the bridge of +4 degrees, for a total rotation of 24 degrees (compared to 35 degrees on the standard). The advantage of this model is a more customary feel of a flat string plane at the end of the neck while still providing ergonomic benefit for the fretting hand. The bolt-on design is also more conducive to production techniques, which means we are able to offer it at a lower price than the standard Torzal.
The neck is made of a single piece of hard maple, with rosewood or cocobolo fingerboard. Mult-laminate necks and other woods are available upon request. The body typically consists of a bookmatched maple top and mahogany or padouk back. Other woods also available upon request.
Available as 4-string or 5-string.
|String Spacing||Bridge||Nut||Neck width at nut|
Other standard specs include:
- 34” scale, 24 frets
- Front and back headstock veneers matching body wood
- Abalone or mother of pearl position markers
- Bone nut
- Hipshot ultralite tuners
- Precision machined Hipshot bridge
- Two Nordstrand JJ or “Fat Stack” pickups
- 9 or 18-volt Aguilar OBP-2 electronics with volume, blend, bass & treble boost/cut plus passive/active switch (or upgrade to OBP-3 with mid boost/cut and frequency selector switch)
- Matching wood cover plates
- Lightweight, balanced, and ergonomically contoured figured or exotic wood body (some exotics and highly figured wood extra, please see price/options list in the order section for more information)