After years of being asked, “When are you going to make a twisted six string guitar?” the answer is finally “now”! Cory Wakeland of Austin, TX, commissioned the first one, and the standard model that we are offering is based on versions of that.
The guitar features a 5-piece laminated neck which is rotated a total of 20 degrees from bridge to nut. The bridge is angled up +4 degrees and the string plane rotates through to –16 degrees at the nut, rendering it flat at the end of the neck (22nd fret). The construction is our standard “set-through” design, which is a shallow through-body neck set into the top of the body, with the back being solid across the entire body.
Players have commented that the guitar is very comfortable—light and responsive, with rich acoustic tone and unmatched playability. Lightweight, yet drives an amp well, with a full tonal spectrum and plenty of bass response.
|Bridge||Nut||Neck width at nut|
Other standard specs include:
- 25.5” scale, 22 frets
- Front and back headstock veneers matching body wood
- Abalone or mother of pearl position markers
- Bone nut
- Schaller M6 mini tuners
- Tonepros tunematic bridge with custom individual string ball anchors.
- Two Lollar “Imperial” humbucker pickups
- Matching wood pickup rings, knobs, and coverplates
- Lightweight, balanced, and ergonomically contoured figured or exotic wood body (some exotics and highly figured wood extra, please see price/options list in the order section for more information)